Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 5 - Sevilla 5/3/13

10:40pm - whew, long day! Took a quick 45 min train from cordoba and arrived at the hotel (well, really a "pension" but whatever). Luckily room was ready. It's bare bones but sufficient. I even has its own little patio. And the pension has a pretty patio of its own. I think i saw a huge moth in here tonight but now I cant find it? After checking in I set out and did Rick Steves's walking tour of this neighborhood Santa Cruz, the old Jewish quarter. Again you can tell from the tall buildings and very very very narrow streets. There are tons of little plazas full of orange trees and flowers. Grabbed a smack and met guide for tour of the cathedral. That was interesting.




After that I set out to the plaza nueva area. I was looking for a certain place for lunch but couldn't find it so ended up grabbing a sandwich. Then walked around the shopping area but of course it was siesta time so the cool places were closed. Will have to go back one early evening for paseo.

Came back to pension to rest and change and set out around 6 again to wander the area more. Picked up my flamenco ticket and went to famous las Teresas for a snack of Jamon and a sangria. Yum.

Then the flamenco show, which was incredible. It was a guitarist, a singer, and a dancer. And it was great. I took a bunch of videos but it seems the Flickr app doesn't upload videos. Bummer. After the show it was pouring and thundering out of nowhere so instead of finding some tapas I went to change. The joys of staying central! Of course by the time I changed the rain stopped.

Found an interesting tapas bar to eat at and got some olives, artichokes grilled with hot peppers and tons of garlic, and cheese croquettes (think fancy mozzarella sticks shaped like balls). Wandered a bit more through the streets that were full at nearly 10pm, took some night photos and found a gelato shop recommended by Rick Steves. It's only about 3min walk from the pension and it was delicious so i shall be returning!

This entry isn't very long for what feels like a tiring day but I guess it was mostly wandering. Luckily 5 days in and my feet aren't yet killing me. Yay for good shoes!

Anyway, Internet is a bit weak here and I haven't even started uploading pictures so hopefully ill have those up tomorrow.

No comments: