Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day 13 - Madrid

2:30pm - waiting for my "late lunch" (I use quotes because it is late for me but not spain) at a cuuuute little place recommended by my b&b, which is also cuuuute. Anyway caught the 9:10am train from Granada to Madrid. Sadly no fast train makes that journey so it took over four hours but was uneventful.

11:30pm - exhausted after a long afternoon! After a yummy lunch, I set out for the gigantic Retiro park, full with crystal glass buildings, palaces, ponds, you name it. Wandered for a couple hours and on the main drag there are street performers, vendors, etc. there were fireworks there at 10:30 for a festival running all week but I was just too tired to trek back there. 

Around 6pm I made it to the nearby prado museum to do my art museum duty. Luckily it is free from 6-8pm! Spent most of that time there looking at masters from the likes of Raphael, titian, Velazquez, and Goya. I managed to last about an hour and a half, which for me is quite long for an art museum :)

Then set back to my b&b's area to find dinner. Decided I needed a quiet sit down place where I could relax so picked a place recommended by the b&b down the street. 

Trying very hard to get the pics up-to-date!

No comments: