Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day 0 - the adventure begins

As I lie in my seat somewhere above the Atlantic, laid out surprisingly comfortably on a mostly empty plane, on the way to embark on another grand European adventure, I feel I must discuss some of the more striking differences between American and European airlines, having taken a redeye on united just three days prior that has fresh comparisons clear in my mind:




~European airlines actually give you a pillow with your blanket
~reminders that there is no smoking in the flight
~they also play classical music on the plane while boarding occurs
~they still do the whole security video thing, complete with 20yr old video
~they offer free newspapers in multiple languages even for us commoners in coach.
~and free alcohol.
~oh yeah, the whole actually providing meals thing! Yes, meals plural. Dinner and breakfast on a flight less than an hour longer than it takes to get from Boston to LA (And yes, if you were wondering, that's tiramisu on the dinner plate and, yes, it's probably the best thing I've ever eaten on a plane.).

Plus, when you take the airline of your destination, it's like starting the vacation just that much sooner, and ending it that much later!

By the time I'll be able to publish this, I'll be in spain. Hope you enjoy my blog and thanks for following another of my adventures!

Deb

1 comment:

foodie1 said...

Just keep them coming! Looks like a really good start!