Sunday, March 31, 2013

Time flies when you're busy planning!

Amazingly, time has flown by and in less than four weeks I'll be on my way to Spain. I'm testing out the blogger app and doing this entry on my iPad just to see how impossible it's going to be. It's not ideal but manageable. Considering I'll be able to travel so light I won't even need a backpack I'm sure it'll be worth it. Just forgive my typos :)





I'm in what I like to call the fun planning stage of the process. All the important things are booked, like hotels and the alhambra, and I fought about ten times with the renfe train website to buy all the necessary train tickets (and snag a couple good discounts!), etc. so now it's time to plan the daily itineraries and research restaurants. It's always scary to plan the daily itineraries because until then it's hard to know if I've given myself enough time in each place. Luckily I think I have just about enough time in each stop to see what I want so hopefully it works out well.

For my last trip I had great success planning a lot of restaurants beforehand. This has been a bit daunting this time, considering there are literally thousands of tapas bars in each city and frankly the menus are almost identical. But places are starting to stick out and I'm planning lots of tapeos or tapas bar crawls to sample more dishes and more places. I'm already hungry!

So for the next month as the excitement continues to build, i'll continue making my lists. I'd like to find some must-see shops and continue to at least find a few different must-dine spots. And then in no time I'll be in spain!

No comments: