Thursday, September 5, 2019

Greece Day 6 - Naxos 9/5/19

Pics HERE - not too many today.

9:00pm - at the hotel for an early night after a nice, pretty easy day. We had a quick bite of cake, coffee, and fruit at the hotel and then wandered around the old town a little. I ordered some custom handmade leather sandals that I’ll pick up in a couple of days so I am pretty excited about that. We had lunch at Scirocco - some oregano bread, a local sharp cheese, and I had chicken with a mushroom sauce. Pretty tasty!

After lunch we meandered our way through more of the old town, up by the castle, and back down. We arrived mid-afternoon and took a much needed siesta, and both of us took a nap. Around 6:30 we set back into town and stopped at a bar with a rooftop patio called Like Home, where all the drinks are named after rooms in houses. I had a custom non-alcoholic passion fruit drink that was fantastic. From there we saw the sunset and then wandered a little more and decided upon the Labrynth Wine Restuarant, which has an adorable little outside patio. Matt had pasta and I had chicken in lemon sauce. Unfortunately my chicken was quitet dry and on top of that I wasn’t really hungry so I did not eat that much. The wait staff seemed to take this personally and I feel quite guilty, and they took over 12 euros off our bill even though we assured them they didn't do anything wrong! So far the hospitality in Greece has been lovely.

Our hotel owners continue to be rock stars. When we left in the morning we handed them a huge bag of laundry and ten euros and by 6pm it was back to us, clean! Fantastic,

Tonight it’s an early night, tomorrow we will rent a car and see sone of the inside of the island.

No comments: