Saturday, May 17, 2008

Photography on the Blog - I attempt HDR

To help keep the blog going a little better, I've decided to include my photography exploits on here. It kinda goes with the whole theme I guess, since what I've been playing around with have been my Europe pics.

I have long admired the photography at Stuck in Customs - I read his HDR tutorial and watched a couple videos on Youtube and decided to try it with some of my Europe pics. Granted my camera isn't as good, the pics were recorded in JPEG, and I only have one exposure for all but a couple of them, but some of the results are interesting nonetheless. Here are a few I've done in the past couple days:

Barcelona Cathedral (original and HDR)






Brugge Belgium





Stratford-upon-Avon





Casa Battlo - Barcelona, Spain



I'll keep experimenting with some of my more interesting trip pictures and hopefully after I get a new camera this summer I'll be much better-equipped to really learn this valuable art.

4 comments:

Carolina said...

Hey Debra, you're photographs are amazing! I especially love the one of Barcelona Cathedral=blew me away!!! Nice work!

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures!!! Especially the one about Stratford!!! What about some pictures from Rome???
Cheers,
Valentina

Debra said...

Thank you both! :)

Valentina, I have lots of photos from my trip to Rome, but I haven't turned any into HDR yet. You can look at them here if you want: http://www.flickr.com/photos/debstah1/collections/72157601101773461/

Anonymous said...

I have no idea how you do this HDR thing (nor what it stands for) , but these photos certainly look superb. Good job!