Friday, November 9, 2007

Future Trips

I've only been back in the US for 2 months, but I've already dreamed up several future trips that I hope, one day, to be able to take.

I admit I don't like her, but I also admit I watch her show sometimes - but the idea for the next trip I want to take is a trip through the Mayan Ruins in Mexico. And I got it from Rachael Ray's show "Tasty Travels." She took a trip from Cancun down the shore, including to Tulum. I started looking. Flights from LAX to Cancun are about $350, renting a car for a week is about $150, and nice hotels are under $100 a night. Took a Frommer's book out of the library about Mexico and they had a 2-week itinerary that could easily be split up into 2 trips or shortened to one week. So i think that's what I'll do next - it'd be affordable and doable in a week and somewhere new.

As for Europe, well, I want to see it all of course, but I've got 3 particular trips in mind.
  1. Start in Paris for a few days, see the French Riviera for a few days, the Italian Riviera including Cinque Terre for a few days, and the hill towns of Tuscany for a few days. I figure I'd need 2-3 weeks to do it all justice.
  2. 2-3 weeks exploring Portugal and Spain more in-depth, I'd like to go back to Lisbon and check out the Barrio Alto and Chiado neighborhoods a little better, and I'd like to see the Algarve and Faro areas
  3. 2 or so weeks exploring Scandinavia more in-depth, particularly Sweden.
I'd also like to see Eastern Europe including Prague, Croatia, Krakow, and Slovenia (which I hear is a gorgeous undiscovered gem). That'd need about 3 weeks, I suppose.

The big question is of course, when would I ever have time to take more long trips, and of course I won't have the money for quite some time. But a girl can dream!

No comments: